The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the warehouse and meeting the requirements established by the General Manger.
- Manage the elements of the warehouse that affect the successful picking, packing and shipping of orders to our customers in an efficient manner that is consistent with our customer service standards.
- Responsible for managing the Production and Shipping/Receiving supervisors.
- Monitor paperwork accuracy, employee efficiency, and productivity
- Provide coordination, evaluation, and continuous process improvement of the departments and team members.
- Ensure all guidelines, procedures and checklists are being utilized
- Internal auditor for quality system
- Be aware of any maintenance and repairs to company property
- Establish training program for the Production and Shipping & Receiving departments
- Train all workers to meet company expectations
- Negotiate pallet pricing with multiple suppliers
- Order warehouse shipping supplies.
- Conduct performance reviews, create and monitor development and improvement plans and compensation reviews in coordination with human resources.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor for non-routine maintenance on leased equipment
- Research and resolve employee issues with Human Resources.
- Generate Corrective Action and Preventative Action Requests for quality system
- Ensure department meets OSHA safety standards with Safety Coordinator
- Ensure fork lift test for new for new and existing employees are current.
- Manage cleanliness of department and grounds
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years warehouse/inventory management experience required.
- 5-10 years in previous Supply Chain/Operations, supervisory or management experience.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management processes and systems.
- Experience leading supervisor level associates.
- Intermediate experience with Windows based applications to include Word and Excel.
- Forklift certification required.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understands material, and provide instructions to all team members.
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess outstanding organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example.
- Demonstrated understanding of warehouse management, inventory management, product flow and productivity standards.
Copyright © 2018 Plumbline Staffing Solutions. | p: 630-514-5577 e: firstname.lastname@example.org