· Repair, maintain, troubleshoot & refurbish (including mechanical, electrical, controls, hydraulic and pneumatic systems) of assembly equipment in a high-volume assembly environment.
· Improve machine repeatability and performance through a variety of assignments, including, but not limited to: machine teardown, diagnosis & repair, pipefitting, fabrication, welding, and electrical runs.
· Install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings.
· Read and interpret electrical control schematics. Perform programming and troubleshooting of Controls, VFD’s and PLC’s.
· Execute Maintenance programs (Preventive Maintenance / TPM) for machine tools and assembly equipment.
· Safely and expertly work with 480V, high amperage building and equipment power
· Complete diagnosis & repair of:
o Assembly equipment (cranes, electrical testing panels, forklifts, PLC controlled dispensing equipment, carousels, paint/drying booths, scales & conveyor systems, hydraulic presses, parts washers, ovens/bearing heaters, packaging machines, drill presses), and
o Building systems (HVAC, Air Make-up, Heaters, irrigation system, etc)
o Other installations (compressors, overhead doors, etc).
· Install, move, and align machines and equipment as needed, using the proper equipment.
· Connect power/air/water lines to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation. Be a resource to Manufacturing Engineering for Capability studies and trial runs on new installations.
· Using proper tools and measuring instruments, set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
· Replace defective parts on machines or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
· Coordinate bigger installations with external riggers, Manufacturing Engineering & other departments as necessary.
· Enter/close work orders, add new assets and associated PM protocols, update parts lists and keep repair inventory current and documented using EMaint cloud-based software.
· Ensure that work order status is updated; and ensure timely close outs of the same with an emphasis on root cause detection and quality solutions.
· Responsible for tracking performance (time/cost/quality) on all work orders.
· Plan, review and obtain (or coordinate with external sources to obtain) permits (mechanical/electrical/fire suppression/emissions) for new construction / installations.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance to all OSHA and internal company safety and regulatory standards regarding health, safety, or environment (lock/out tag/out, hot work, SDS review for chemicals/hazardous materials, PPE etc).
· Identify areas of cost improvement in management of Assets/Equipment, and work with Production Engineering on these areas.
· Maintain facility/building and surroundings. Manage daily interaction with vendors for landscaping, HVAC, burglar/fire monitoring, building upkeep, pest control, etc).
· Act as first responder for any emergencies in the plant (in the event of storms, burglar/fire alarms, emergency repair calls, etc). Act as “last man to leave” for plant lockouts during emergency evacuations.
· Maintain a culture of 5-S in the workplace. Act as resource for 5-S activities in manufacturing & Assembly areas.
· Champion a culture of continuous improvement in the assigned areas.
· Ensure compliance of all Accounting/Purchasing/IT procedures.
· Assist Preventive Maintenance and repair work in regional facilities (Kentucky, California).
· Participate in process improvement & standardization of all maintenance work.
· Act as resource to other departments/regional facilities for any installation projects.
· Work with Team Leads/ Operators to ensure proper equipment use and longevity. Communicate with employees across all departments to manage work orders and implement solutions to building/equipment issues.
Hours: 7:30- 4pm
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- At least 8 years’ experience in maintaining, troubleshooting & repairing electromechanical equipment.
- Must have at least one of the following certifications: Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification / Master Electricians certification / Qualified Millwright card.
- Basic understanding of Mechanical, Electrical, & Control systems in manufacturing equipment; welding & fabrication, plumbing, & electric installations.
- Basic computer skills (understanding of MS excel, Word, PowerPoint; emails, searching for industrial solutions on the web).
- Good initiative and work ethics; ability to work in teams and in individual settings. A “team-first” attitude to work.
Copyright © 2018 Plumbline Staffing Solutions. | p: 630-514-5577 e: email@example.com